Lately, I've been putting a large bit of effort into an HTML5 demo of Looptil! One reason I did this was to give something to those who have been waiting ever so patiently. Sorry it's taking forever to finish this title. The code base for this game was poorly written, and now that I've learned my lesson, I'll never write such terrible code ever again.
For those who want to dive in and play it right away, click here!
Keep in mind, this is a BETA. There are a few gameplay elements I haven't gotten around to adding. Besides that, unfortunately, different browsers yield different results. Some browser bugs are more severe than others. A rundown from each browser I've tested so far:
- IE10: This browser tends to be the most compatible (in my experience), however, under Windows 7, the canvas tends to slide out of place once gameplay starts. :(
- Firefox: Generally works without bugs, but many users report low frame rates.
- Chrome: Performance varies and the spline tends to form "kinks".
- Safari: No problems so far, except for a bit of latency with sound effects.
- Opera: Works great for me. One user reported the "kinky" spline under Windows Vista.
One last note, since I've been having far too much trouble, I've decided to drop support for mobile browsers. It's far too much trouble and headache at the moment.
So, keep these in mind, and I deeply apologize for any inconvenience. By all means, give it a go, and share your feedback!
In the mean time, I will be working on a native demo (one for mobile, as well as Windows and MacOSX). If I'm fortunate, it will be ready before the holidays end!